Position Title: Contracts Administrator (Subcontracts)
Posted Date: 01/03/2018
Job Category: Contract Administration / Negotiation
Employment Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Mid / Senior Level
Location: Canastota, NY
Northeast Information Discovery is a software company focused on the research and development of advanced computer network operations and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities. Our culture empowers employees to do their best work and helps them get excited about coming to work each day. At Northeast Information Discovery, we strive for new ways to create a healthy, supportive, and rewarding environment.
Northeast Information Discovery is a great place to work and succeed!
You will work as part of a small business operations team formed with the sole purpose of reviewing and executing contracts with the U.S. Government (USG) and associated contractors. The position will primarily focus on subcontract administration. However, there will be opportunies to support prime contracts and other special projects.
You will excel in this role if you have:
- A passion for negotiating contracts to ensure that Company equities are protected and objectives are advanced.
- A problem-solving nature.
- The ability to change directions and work on the fly.
What we expect from you, i.e., your qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, acquisition management, finance, law or a related discipline.
- Minimum 6 years of subcontracts administration experience to include T&M, labor hour, cost reimbursable/award fee and fixed price contracts.
- In-depth understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Ability to independently negotiate terms and conditions, scope, cost and price of Government contracts and subcontracts at assigned thresholds.
- Strong knowledge of Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) requirements and compliance.
- Demonstrated understanding of cost accounting principles to include direct and indirect cost components and factors.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and MS Office.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship is required.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in supporting small business program requirements, i.e., low to medium volume developmental level procurement (R&D).
- Knowledge of acquisition streamlining initiatives and reforms.
- Knowledge of earned value management (EVM) requirements.
- Knowledge of GSA schedule requirements.
- Active participation with NCMA or ISM.
- CPCM certification.
- Active security clearance.
What we will provide in return:
- Excellent compensation and outstanding benefits, including health, dental, vision, group term life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. 100% of the premiums are company paid.
- 5% 401K employer contribution with additional profit sharing program. Employee contribution is not required and the employee is 100% vested on day one.
- 6 weeks of paid time off that includes sick, vacation and holidays.
- Business development and performance incentives.
- Casual work environment.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should hire the best and brightest and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- Company sponsored hack weeks to inspire collaboration and innovation.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply.
Northeast Information Discovery provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, military service, disability unrelated to job requirements, marital status, genetic information or other protected status.