Position Title: Electrical Engineer V (Signal Processing)
Posted Date: 01/03/2018
Job Category: Electrical Engineering / Signal Processing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Career Level: Senior Level
Location: Canastota, NY
About Us: Engineering-First Culture
Northeast Information Discovery is an engineering-driven company. Engineers represent more than 85% of our employees and bring experience, commitment, passion and talent to our team. Our culture empowers engineers to do their best work and helps them get excited about coming to work each day. At Northeast Information Discovery, we strive for new ways to create a healthy, supportive, and rewarding environment.
Northeast Information Discovery is a great place to work and succeed!
Your Mission: Use your knowledge, skills and abilities to improve national security
You will work as part of a small research and development team formed with the sole purpose of designing, building and deploying mission-critical cybersecurity capabilities. Use your signal processing and coding know-how on a daily basis while working with modern agile processes.
You will excel in this role if you have:
- A passion for innovation in signal processing and cybersecurity.
- A love of programming and a knack for coding and scripting.
- A problem-solving nature.
- The ability to change directions and work on the fly.
What we expect from you, i.e., your qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline and 10+ years of experience in that field. Master’s degree with 9+ years of experience.
- Experience with digital signal processing (DSP) and communication systems.
- Experience with RF-based systems and technologies.
- Experience with numerical computing packages such as MATLAB.
- Experience with algorithm design and development.
- Ability to lead small to medium-sized teams.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship is required.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with software-defined radio (SDR) frameworks such as GNU Radio and REDHAWK.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with modem design.
- Experience with signal detection and localization.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of radio communication technologies, i.e., coursework, amateur radio, etc.
- Knowledge of or past experience working within an agile environment.
- Experience with writing government proposals.
- Active security clearance.
What we will provide in return:
- Excellent compensation and outstanding benefits, including health, dental, vision, group term life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. 100% of the premiums are company paid.
- 5% 401K employer contribution with additional profit sharing program. Employee contribution is not required and the employee is 100% vested on day one.
- 6 weeks of paid time off that includes sick, vacation and holidays.
- Business development and performance incentives.
- Casual work environment.
- Employee-centric culture and a belief that we should hire the best and brightest and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- Company sponsored hack weeks to inspire collaboration and innovation.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, we encourage you to apply.
Northeast Information Discovery provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, military service, disability unrelated to job requirements, marital status, genetic information or other protected status.